- 7digital Announces Expansion Plans Following Huge Growth in 2012
- RIM Selects 7digital as Official Music Partner for BlackBerry 10 Smartphones
- 7digital Offers Prototype Package to Support Innovation and Development of New Music Services
- 7digital Android App Update Adds Improved Music Discovery and Player Enhancements
- 7digital Founder and CEO Ben Drury Named to Billboard 40 Under 40 List
- 7digital Music Download and Streaming Service for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 Music Hub Launches in U.S.
- 7digital Releases First Digital Music Store on Windows 8
- 7digital to Ship on Over 20 Million HTC Devices This Year
- 7digital and Fuho, Inc. Partner to Provide Comprehensive Music Solution for World’s Fastest Most Powerful Seven-Inch Tablet Made Just for Kids: nabi™ 2
- 7digital Expands North American Operations with Key Hires
- Samsung Selects 7digital as Music Download and Streaming Partner for Galaxy S3 Music Hub
- 7digital Brings MP3 Music to Windows Phone
- 7digital Expands and Accelerates on Mobile Devices
- Device Expansion Drives Significant Growth for 7digital in 2011
- CyberLink and 7digital Announce Partnership to Bring Online Music to PowerDVD
- 7digital to Expand North American Operations
- 7digital Comes to Windows Phone in Partnership with Microsoft
- 7digital to Power T-Mobile Mall Music Sales
- 7digital Launches the Premier Android Tablet Music Experience
- 7digital Expands Into Asia-Pacific
- 7digital reaches over one million active users on mobile devices
Click here for more press releases.
Latest Media Coverage
- Music Platform 7digital Nabs $10 Million in Funding to Expand Its Profitable Activities – TechCrunch
- RIM Pacts with 7digital for Music – Variety
- Music Supplier 7digital Takes $10 Million to Do On-Demand, Radio – paidContent
- 7digital Expands Effort to Encourage Music Tech Innovation– Hypebot
- 7digital Updates Android App with Improved Discovery & Player Enhancements – Hypebot
- What Music Services Are Available Where? – evolver.fm
- Billboard’s 40 Under 40: Power Players on the Rise (Ben Drury featured) – Billboard.biz
- Samsung Music Hub Launches in the US: Is It a Viable Streaming Competitor (hands-on video) – The Verge
- 7digital Expands U.S. Team with Key Hires from eMusic, Apple, IODA, Rightsflow – Hypebot
- Digital Notes: Samsung Music Hub Takes on Just About Everyone – New York Times Media Decoder
- Samsung’s Premium Music Hub Takes on Spotify, Pandora, iTunes/iCloud – evolver.fm
- Samsung Debuts Online ‘Music Hub,’ Challenges iTunes with 19 Million Tracks – Billboard.biz
- Tech Types Tackle TV-Music Tie-Ins at NARM – Billboard.biz
- SXSW Video Interview with Vickie Nauman – The Associated Press
- Music in Devices: What Is Working? – Billboard.biz
Click here for more media coverage.
Established in 2004, 7digital.com is a leading, globally operating digital media delivery company based in London. Through 7digital’s download store (www.7digital.com) and mobile applications consumers can access over 17,000,000 legal high quality MP3 music tracks from all major and indie labels at competitive prices across Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America.
Combining 7digital’s secure and robust technology platform with the broadest agreements in the digital media industry, the company provides comprehensive digital services to a wide range of partners around the world. 7digital partners with diverse clients across consumer electronics, carriers, music industry, artists, brands, retailers, and agencies to harness the power of digital entertainment to engage customers.
The 7digital API (Application Programming Interface) allows developers to use and license the 7digital technology platform with over 16,000,000 tracks to create new music websites, applications and devices or to integrate music into existing services.
7digital has provided digital media services to hundreds of international partners including T-Mobile USA, HP, RIM, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Ubuntu, Shazam, Last.fm, Winamp, Songbird, HMV, Universal Music, EMI, Warner Music and Sony Music.
For more information visit www.7digital.com/business.
Ben began his career in 1996 as a founder of dotmusic.com, an internal venture at United News and Media. Dotmusic quickly became a leading online music destination attracting over 1.8m unique users per month (in 1999).
In 2000 Ben was headhunted by BT Group to head up the broadband music efforts at their ISP BT Openworld. As Head of Music at BT, Ben successfully launched a major music channel before leading the acquisition of his old company dotmusic in 2002. At BT, Ben pioneered music and video downloads on dotmusic with the UK’s first unlimited subscription offer.
Following the partnership between BT and Yahoo! to form BT Yahoo! in 2003, Ben engineered the sale of dotmusic to Yahoo! for approx. £3.3m.
Ben then founded 7digital with James Kane in 2004 with the vision of creating a digital media marketplace. Tapping into the burgeoning demand for digital media, 7digital operates services that bring together suppliers and consumers of digital media.
In September 2008 7digital.com was the first company in Europe to launch DRM-free MP3 downloads with all four major record labels.
In September 2009 HMV Group acquired a 50% equity stake in 7digital with an investment of £7.7m.
Ben was named by Growing Business magazine as a Young Gun 2006 – the award for leading entrepreneurs under 35 and in 2007, 7digital was awarded the prestigious Red Herring award Top 100 Europe Award as one of the most promising technology companies in Europe. In 2008, Ben was a finalist in Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards.
As of January 2010, 7digital employs 57 people in London and has over 1.7 million registered customers.
Ben graduated from King’s College London with BSc (Hons) Physics with Philosophy of Science. Ben is also the Deputy Chairman and Director of the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA) and is a board director the Official UK Charts Company.
Vickie Nauman specializes in digital media and content strategy, the intersection of technology and music, and international business development. Vickie is President-North America for 7digital, and most recently led the global content strategy and partnerships for Sonos, the wireless digital music system for the home, and ran the consultancy CrossBorderWorks. Prior work includes creating the online strategy and service for boutique Seattle music station KEXP, content development for RealNetworks/MusicNet, marketing in the National Public Radio network, and Procter and Gamble. She has a broad network and experience in Europe, China, and North America, and earned a 2006 MBA through the London School of Economics, New York University, and HEC-Paris, in the collaborative executive program TRIUM.