Latest Press Releases
- David Bowie Breaks Adele’s Streak with Blackstar
- Bowie’s ‘Blackstar’ Looms Over BuzzAngle Music Charts As Top Tier Remains Unchanged
- Song Streams Rise Nearly 100% While Vinyl Sales Jump 56% In BuzzAngle Music’s 2015 Year-End Data Report
- Adele, Bieber Hold On To Top Spots On Last BuzzAngle Music Chart Before Christmas – But the Beatles are the Big Story
- Adele Continues Reign As Coldplay Falls, Chris Stapleton Climbs Back Up Through Top 10
- Adele Holds Onto #1 For Third Week While Coldplay Enters BuzzAngle Music Charts At #2
- Pop Dominates BuzzAngle Music Charts In Another Huge Week For Adele, With Coldplay Looming
- Adele, Outkast, The Clash, Nine Inch Nails Among Black Friday Sales Leaders at Independent Record Stores
- BuzzAngle Music Releases Top 10 Album Chart For Adele’s Record-Shattering First Week
- Update: Adele’s ‘25’ sells 2.56M through Monday, 3M+ projected for week
- Adele’s ‘25’ at almost 1.9 album sales in U.S. for Friday & Saturday
- Ellie Goulding Leads New Releases While Chris Stapleton Continues Ride Atop BuzzAngle Music Charts
- Chris Stapleton’s Big CMAs Night Propels Him To Top of BuzzAngle Music Charts
- 5 Seconds of Summer, Carrie Underwood Dominate BuzzAngle Music Charts As Adele Re-Emerges
- Demi Lovato Tops BuzzAngle Music Album Project Chart While Pentatonix Leads Album Chart; Adele Starts Strong on Songs Chart with “Hello”
- Selena Gomez and The Game Make Big Debuts on Customizable BuzzAngle Music Charts
- Janet Jackson Scores Major Comeback as Fetty Wap Stays Strong on Interactive BuzzAngle Music Charts
- Fetty Wap’s Long-Awaited Debut Tops This Week’s BuzzAngle Music Charts While Janet Jackson Eyes a Big Splash Next Week
- CIMA Partners With BuzzAngle Music To Launch First-Ever Canadian Indie Music Charts
- Drake & Future Mixtape Lead Slew of New Releases While Dual ‘1989’s Battle It Out On BuzzAngle Music Charts
- Bring Me The Horizon, Brett Eldredge, Slayer, Duran Duran Unable To Stop The Weeknd’s Reign Atop BuzzAngle Music Charts
- The Weeknd Staves Off Bevy of New Releases on This Week’s Interactive BuzzAngle Music Chart
- The Weeknd and Halsey Make Big Debuts on This Week’s BuzzAngle Music Charts
- New Releases From Disturbed, Kip Moore, Rob Thomas Join Luke Bryan, Dr. Dre On This Week’s BuzzAngle Music Charts
- N.W.A and Elvis Return, and Ed Sheeran Jumps To #1 in This Week’s Interactive BuzzAngle Music Charts
- New Releases From Luke Bryan, Dr. Dre Top BuzzAngle Music Customizable Sales/Streaming Charts
- Disney’s Descendants Soundtrack Leads Latest BuzzAngle Music Customizable Sales/Streaming Charts
- Jill Scott and Future Lead BuzzAngle Music’s Powerful and Interactive New Sales/Streaming Charts
- BuzzAngle Music’s Highly Interactive New Sales/Streaming Charts Led by Future, Taylor Swift, Alan Jackson
- BuzzAngle Music Revolutionizes Sales and Streaming Measurement With Highly-Interactive Daily Charts
Sorted By Genre, City, Dates, and More
- Music Analytics Service BuzzAngle Music Launches Weekly Direct-to-Fan Charts
- BuzzAngle Music’s Record Store Day Data Finds 742% Growth In Sales At Independent Record Stores From Previous Week, 39% Growth From 2014
Click here for past press releases.
Recent Media Coverage
- Beatles Streaming: The Not-So-Secret Reasons Why The Fab Four Will Soon Be On Apple Music And Spotify – International Business Times
- Adele’s ’25’ Is About To Do Something No Album In History Has Done – International Business Times
- Adele’s ‘25’ on Track to Break Sales Records – The New York Times
- Adele’s ‘25’ expects to set new records – New York Post
- Adele’s 25 Becomes The Biggest-Selling Record Of 2015 In Just One Week – Refinery29
- Adele’s About to Do Something No Woman Has Done Before – Cosmopolitan
- Adele of a number: New album 25 is smashing sales records worldwide – The Sun
- Adele’s 25 Is On Fire: 1.9M Sold In Just Two Days In The U.S. – Music Business Worldwide
- Justin Bieber and Adele dominate BuzzAngle US Charts – Music Week
- Jim Lidestri “In the Hot Seat with Larry LeBlanc” – Celebrity Access/Encore
- Watch out Nielsen: US analytics market ‘ripe for disruption’ says ambitious new chart challenger – Music Week
- BuzzAngle Music Takes On Billboard, Nielsen With Dynamic Daily Charts – Hypebot
- The second most popular item from this weekend’s Record Store Day was a tape cassette – Fusion
- Record Store Day 2015: The White Stripes, Metallica among best-selling releases – Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Record Store Day Is Like Hipster Christmas – International Business Times
- The 25 Most-Bought Record Store Day Releases – Digital Music News
Click here for past media coverage.
About Border City Media
With BuzzAngle Music, Border City Media has developed a unique service based on exclusive consumption content combined with advanced technology features. The BuzzAngle Music system will create a synergistic dynamic that will revolutionize the way businesses analyze music consumption and related trends. Founded by Jim Lidestri, previously President and Chief Executive Officer of Interliant, Inc. one of the industry’s first application service providers, Border City Media launched BuzzAngle Music in limited beta in March 2014 and publicly in July 2015.
Jim Lidestri – Founder and CEO
Jim Lidestri, Founder and CEO of Border City Media, is a long-time executive in the internet and technology markets with more than three decades of experience in the space. In that time, he has handled corporate management for Fortune 500 companies, guided startups from inception to IPO, and led several M&A projects. With Border City Media, he is revolutionizing music analytics via BuzzAngle Music, which gathers data on a song or album’s sales, streaming history, airplay history, and social media metrics to provide a comprehensive picture of music consumption.
Lidestri got his start in 1982 at Data General, where he led systems engineering and sales support, managing five offices in the New York metro area. In 1990, he moved to Sprint, where he initially served as a Product Manager and then the Director of Northeast Business Operations, responsible for sales support, marketing, product management, network engineering, finance and human resources. He left the company in 1995 to work with IBM as Group Manager of Collaborative Services, where he was responsible for developing network-based approaches to the delivery of application solutions.
In 1996, Lidestri entered the startup space, growing application service provider Interliant from a 25-employee, $3 million business to a 200-employee, $25 million business in just three years as President and CEO. He also masterminded the company’s merger with Sage networks in 1999, which resulted in an expansion to 1,000 employees and $135 million by 2000, and spearheaded the company’s $70 million IPO in 1999 and the company’s $175 million secondary offering in 2000. He founded Legends, Inc., in 2001 and served as CEO of the Internet-based sports memorabilia authentication service until 2004, when he became an independent management consultant. In 2007, he became CEO for AdSoft Direct, a company that offers a web-based service to manage direct mail campaigns for enterprise customers. He maintains a board seat with AdSoft Direct alongside his duties at Border City Media.
Lidestri holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA in general management from NYU. He was named one of the Top 25 Leaders of the New Millennium by Computer Reseller News magazine.
Lidestri currently resides in Duchess County, NY.