Latest Press Releases
- Sony Network Entertainment International’s Music Unlimited Becomes Official Streaming Partner for Bandsintown
- The Agency Group Teams Up with Bandsintown
- Zippo And Bandsintown Team Up To Drive Higher Engagement With Artists And Their Fans
- Cellfish Acquires Premium Ad Platform ToneMedia to Boost Music Presence
- Bandsintown Named Best Music App for iPhone/iPod in About.com Readers’ Choice Awards
- New Bandsintown Concerts for Spotify Application Personalizes Your Concert Calendar and Connects You to Local Touring Musicians
- Spotify Partners with Bandsintown
- Bandsintown Reveals What Makes Live Music Fans Tick
- Artist Managers on Bandsintown’s New Artist Platform (video)
- Bandsintown Introduces Enhancements to Top Concert Tracking App for Music Artists on Facebook
- Cellfish Brings ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ 3D Live Wallpaper App Swinging Onto Android Phones
- Bandsintown, the #1 Mobile & Facebook Concert App, Adds “Bandsintown Specials”
Click here for past press releases.
Recent Media Coverage
- Concert discovery app Bandsintown integrates Sony’s Music Unlimited streaming service – TheNextWeb
- Sony Music Unlimited Integrates with Bandsintown (Exclusive) – Billboard.biz
- Bandsintown Fans Want Led Zeppelin to Reunite in 2014 – Hypebot
- Billboard Readers’ Survey Results, Part 3: The Most Important Issue Facing the Music Biz in 2014 – Billboard.biz
- Billboard Readers’ Survey Results, Part 2: Most Influential Music Artist of 2013 – Billboard.biz
- Billboard Readers’ Survey Results, Part 1: Most Important Music Business Event of 2013 – Billboard.biz
- Artist Growth Adds Free Tier, Integrates Bandsintown, Appoints Powerhouse Advisory Board – Hypebot
- Fan of Beyonce or Miley? Here’s What Your Playlist Can Tell Marketers – Ad Age
- Bandsintown Named Silver Award Winner in 2013 W3 Awards
- Zippo, Bandsintown Light a Fire Under Music Brand Partnerships – Billboard
- Zippo lights up music association with in-app concert information – Mobile Marketer
- Zippo Lights Up Live Music Scene With Bandsintown – AdWeek
- Zippo Partners with Bandsintown for Music Merch and Virtual Lighter Tour Dates – Hypebot
- Zippo Partners with Concert App – Marketing Daily
- Zippo Sparks Partnership with Bandsintown Engaging Artists with Fans – Mobile Entertainment
- 14 Newsletters You Should Have in Your Inbox – BuzzFeed (Bandsintown included)
- Rock Stars, Concert Promoters And Bandsintown – Forbes.com
- Apps of the Week: Bandsintown Concerts, Google Translate, Runtastic Pedometer and more! – Android Central
- Mobile App Publishers Cellfish to Acquire Music Ad Platform ToneMedia – AppNewser
- Cellfish buys Manhasset-based digital ad firm ToneMedia – Newsday
- Cellfish Announces Acquisition of Premium Ad Platform ToneMedia – Mobile Marketing Watch
- Mobile and Social App Publisher Cellfish Acquires Digital Music Advertising Platform ToneMedia – The Next Web
- Bandsintown Makes Concert-Going More Social with Mobile Updates (Exclusive) – VentureBeat
- Tech Review: Apps for Summer Music Fests – Newsday
- Apptitude: Use Phone Apps to Make Traveling Easier – Philadelphia Inquirer
- Kelli Richards Interviews Bandsintown Alexis Rodich – All Access Radio
- BandsInTown Reaches 5 Million App Installs – Hypebot
- Bandsintown Now Telling Five Million Users When Their Favorite Bands Are… Yep, You Guessed It – Pando Daily
- Bandsintown Plans to Connect More Fans to Concerts Through Facebook – AllFacebook
- BandPage, AEG Digital, Abe Burns Win DMW’s Music Leadership Awards (Bandsintown in “Music Tech Startup to Watch” Top 3) – Hypebot
- Bandsintown app helps music lovers track concerts – WTOP
- Why Spotify Apps Are Actually Pretty Useful – Lifehacker
- Bandsintown Launches a Spotify App to Let You Know When Bands You Listen to Are Nearby – TechCrunch
- Bandsintown Launches Spotify Tour Dates App – Hypebot
- Push, Don’t Shove — Music Marketing That Actually Works (written by Julien Mitelberg) – The Huffington Post
- NHL Shoots for Repeat Mobile Usage Via Android App – Mobile Marketer
- Celebrate the opening hockey weekend with NHL 2013 Live Wallpaper – AndroidCentral
Click here for previous media coverage.
Cellfish is a leading publisher of mobile and social applications targeted at music, sports and entertainment fans. Headquartered in New York and with offices in Los Angeles, Paris, Montreal and Dusseldorf, Cellfish brings together the very best in original and licensed content and applications, distributed through its own marketing network as well as through partnerships with the leading operators, media companies and app stores.
Bandsintown is a top-rated concert discovery application on Facebook, the App Store and Google Play for live music fans and artists. The application services over 115K artists and has a monthly reach of over 20 million fans. For fans, Bandsintown provides a personalized way for music fans to track their favorite artists so they never miss a live concert and to discover new touring artists, based on their musical preferences and location. For artists, Bandsintown provides a best-in-class platform that allows artists to promote their live concerts and to sell tickets, leveraging Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and more. Bandsintown is owned by Cellfish Media LLC.
Fabrice Sergent is the Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Cellfish, which he founded in 2004. He is a media and Internet entrepreneur, based in New York.
Also, Fabrice is a Member of the Board of the Mobile Giving Foundation.
From 1993 to 2006, Fabrice was CEO of Lagardère Active Broadband, the digital arm of Lagardère, a French-based media publisher. As such, he was a member of the Executive Committee of Europe 1 Communication, which became Lagardère Active.
From 1994 to 2001, Fabrice was Founder, Chairman & CEO of Club-Internet, one of the largest French ISPs, which later was purchased by Deutsche Telecom’s T-Online for an historical 1.2 B€ transaction, a landmark deal in the European new media space for its time.
Additionally, Fabrice served as a Member of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Telekom’s T-Online, the largest European ISP, and a Member of the Boards of Europe1 Interactive, Hachette Multimedia and Le Monde Interactif (lemonde.fr).
Fabrice holds a Masters degree from Institut Telecom.
Julien Mitelberg is the co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of Cellfish, a leading mobile and social application publisher. In 2004, Mitelberg established Cellfish’s U.S. business and worked with top US Carriers and HipHop producers to launch BlingTones, the world’s first wireless record label. In 2005, Cellfish raised $60 million in North America and move its headquarters to New York. Mitelberg is responsible for bringing together a team of skilled professionals spread between offices in New York, San Diego and Montreal that now work with the most popular U.S. sports and entertainment franchises, including NFL, NBA, NHL and Fox. He is also responsible for global product and technology.
He was instrumental in securing Cellfish’s September 2011 acquisition of Bandsintown, the #1 live concert tracking and discovery application on Facebook. Since the acquisition, he became CEO of the company and has been heavily involved in Bandsintown’s development, particularly its expansion into mobile platforms and new geographic markets.
Prior to launching Cellfish, Mitelberg spent more than a decade as Chief Operating Officer at Lagardere Active Broadband in France, where he demonstrated a consistent track record of identifying new media trends and developing successful businesses to capitalize on them. In 1995, he helped launched Club-Internet, the first consumer ISP in France, and grew the business to 1 million subscribers, $100 million in revenue, and 450 employees before selling it in 2000 to Deutsche Telekom T-Online International AG for a historical €1.2 billion, more than 10 times Club-Internet’s invested capital. In addition, from 1995 to 1999, Mitelberg served as CEO of Le Studio, the first French web agency and a wholly owned subsidiary of Lagardere. During this time, Le Studio produced the Club-Internet portal and numerous other websites for major French companies such as Lagardere, Matra, Hachette, Accord, Guerlain, Elf, and Renault. After selling Club-Internet, Mitelberg co-founded Plurimedia, Lagardere’s mobile subsidiary, which led to the establishment of Cellfish.
Mitelberg holds a Master’s of Science degree from the Institut National de Télécommunications in France. He currently lives in New York with his wife and two daughters. A major electronic music fan, Mitelberg looks forward to New York’s annual Electric Zoo festival and the Ibiza music scene.
George Rogerson is the Executive Vice President of Bandsintown, a leading mobile and social application developer. He joined the Bandsintown’s parent company, Cellfish in 2004 and has contributed significantly to its growth in the US market. Cellfish has deals and developed top apps for major sports and entertainment organizations such as the NBA, NFL, NHL and FOX. Cellfish entered the music space in September 2011 by acquiring Bandsintown, the #1 live concert tracking and discovery application on Facebook and a new entry to the iPhone’s App Store.
Rogerson has worked for more than 20 years as an entrepreneur and business executive responsible for business development, client relations, and monetization. In 2000, he founded UVOX Technologies, which develops web and mobile applications that enabled automatic processing of pre-recorded, personalized celebrity voice calls over a VOIP network. He served as CEO of the company through 2004, and its technology was used by top companies such as Viacom, and Mattel and is still in use with Disney today. Rogerson also founded TrafficStation Inc. in 2000. There, he served as President and CEO, developing the company’s creative vision and growing it into the largest provider of real-time traffic information in the U.S. At its peak, the company served more than 30 U.S. cities and employed more than 200 people. Additionally, Rogerson founded D:ablo Production Studio LLC in 1995, a leading digital media production firm that produced interactive content for content such as Sony, Paramount, Microsoft, and Intel. He has spoken at events including CES, CTIA, and TMIA.
Rogerson also has an extensive musical background, which has served him well in his dealings with Bandsintown. He has written and performed original songs that were featured in television shows such as “Another World” and commercials for companies including Domino’s Pizza and Revlon. He was also the executive producer of the critically acclaimed Bob Marley enhanced CD Soul Almighty and a pioneer in bringing multimedia to the music industry.
Rogerson holds a degree in Business Administration from California State University at Northridge. A native Californian, he resides in Los Angeles with his wife, four children, two dogs, cat, and six guitars.
Alexis Rodich is the Director of Artist Services at Bandsintown, the #1 live concert tracking and discovery application on Facebook. Since joining the company as part of the founding team in 2009, Rodich led Bandsintown’s marketing and business development strategy in its artist services division, resulting in adoption of Bandsintown’s platform by nearly 50,000 artists in just over a year. She has also brokered a number of partnerships with leading labels, management companies, and other industry players, all contributing to Bandsintown’s rapid growth and subsequent acquisition by leading mobile and social application developer Cellfish in September 2011.
Prior to joining Bandsintown, Rodich made her mark as an Associate at LaunchBox Digital, an early stage incubator program in her native Washington DC. There, she advised budding entrepreneurs on crafting revenue models, defining their markets, and developing social media strategies, earning a spotlight in the Washington Post, which named her one of five women to watch in the Washington, D.C.-area tech and startup community in 2009. This led Rodich to begin blogging regularly for the Post in their “On Success Section.” Her column ran from November 2009 to December 2010.
Rodich earned an MBA in Finance from American University’s Kogod School of Business in 2009, and a BA in International Economics from American University’s school of international studies in 2003. She has spoken at events including San Francisco Music Tech, San Diego Music Thing and The Future of Music Policy Summit, and has also guest lectured at American University on startups and enterprenuership.
Rodich is also a former professional dancer who studied at the Suhaila Salimpour School of Dance and performed Modern & Middle Eastern dance throughout the East Coast. She was drawn to Bandsintown because of her love of live music and the spark between dancers & the musicians they work with. Although she has stepped off the stage, she can still be found tearing up the floor at venues around Bandsintown’s San Diego’s headquarters.