- CISAC Elects Jean-Michel Jarre as New President, Expands Vice Presidency to Four Positions with Javed Akhtar, Angélique Kidjo, Marcelo Piñeyro, and Ousmane Sow
- Day 2 Media Wrap Up: World Creators Summit Wednesday, June 5
- CISAC Announces the Launch of LINK, a New Multi-Repertoire Creators Forum
- Day 1 Media Wrap Up: World Creators Summit Tuesday, June 4
- CISAC’s World Creators Summit “Create – Connect – Respect” Brings Together Creators, Policymakers, and More
- Victoria Espinel, Maria Pallante, Bob Goodlatte, Anna G. Eshoo, and John Morton Highlight U.S. Policymakers Speaking at World Creators Summit
- Jean-Michel Jarre, Angélique Kidjo, Javed Akhtar, and Paul Williams Among 35+ Authors and Artists Speaking at World Creators Summit
- Decision Today Overturns Allegations That European Authors’ Societies Coordinated to Restrict Competition
- Maria Pallante, John Morton, Scott Turow, Jean-Michel Jarre and Hervé Di Rosa to Keynote at the World Creators Summit
- Initial Agenda Announced for CISAC’s World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect June 4 & 5, 2013, Washington, DC
- CISAC Announces the Fourth Biennial World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect June 4 & 5, 2013, Washington, DC
- CISAC Welcomes EU Proposal: Improving Rules Governing Authors’ Societies and Online Licensing Benefit Creators Worldwide
- CISAC Pays Tribute to Its President Robin Gibb, the Voice of a Generation and Relentless Champion for the Rights of Creators
For more information on CISAC’s 2013 World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect, click here.
For select stories from CISAC’s World Copyright Summit 2011, click here.
Para leer esta página en español, haga clic aquí.
Recent Media Coverage
- Jean Michel Jarre: In the Hot Seat with Larry LeBlanc
- Jean Michel Jarre: YouTube Not Bad Guys in Artist Rights Debate – Marketing Tech News
- Jean Michel Jarre Named CISAC President – Music Week
- Jean-Michel Jarre: “Il n’y a pas d’un côté les bad guys du web, de l’autre les artistes victimes” – L’Expansion
- ASCAP’s Williams Laments SOPA, Calls Piracy a ‘Glamorizing’ Nickname for Thieves at World Creators Summit – Billboard.biz
- The US Copyright Office Demands That Broadcasters Start Paying Artists… – Digital Music News
- World Creators Summit: Copyright, Innovation, and Ending the Digital Divide – The Official BitTorrent Blog
- Assistant U.S. Trade Representative Stan McCoy Delivers Keynote Address to 2013 World Creators Summit – Office of the United States Trade Representative
- CISAC Launches Creator Forum – CMU
- U.S. Copyright Czar Praises Voluntary Anti-Piracy Agreements at Creators Summit – LibertyVoice
- Pallante, Goodlatte Lay Framework for US Copyright Review – Intellectual Property Watch
- Copyright Summit: Collaboration and Protection: Digital Management for the 21st Century – Intellectual Property Watch
- CISAC World Creators Summit 2013 – Copyright and Technology
- The Digital Skeptic: World of Copyright Woe Awaits in Global Markets – The Street
- CISAC Launches LINK, a Multi-Repertoire Creators Forum – Billboard.biz
- Government Officials, Publishing and Music Execs, More Debate Copyright Challenges at World Creators Summit – Billboard.biz
- Copyright Review Under the Microscope at World Creators Summit – Billboard.biz
CISAC – the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers – aims to increase both the protection and the promotion of creators’ rights worldwide. As the leading worldwide network of authors’ societies, CISAC enables collective management organisations to seamlessly represent creators across the globe and ensure that royalties flow to authors for the use of their works anywhere in the world. To this end, CISAC provides the highest business, legal and IT standards to protect creators’ rights and to support the development of the international network of collective management societies.
Founded in 1926, CISAC is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation with worldwide headquarters in France and regional offices in Chile, Hungary, Singapore, and South Africa. The organisation was chaired by British singer and songwriter Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees until his untimely death in May 2012; French visual artist and painter Hervé Di Rosa, who had been serving as Vice President of CISAC since 2010, has been appointed Acting President until a successor to Gibb is announced. Olivier Hinnewinkel was appointed Director General of CISAC in 2011.