- Jean-Michel Jarre, Angélique Kidjo, Javed Akhtar, and Paul Williams Among 35+ Authors and Artists Speaking at World Creators Summit
- Decision Today Overturns Allegations That European Authors’ Societies Coordinated to Restrict Competition
- Maria Pallante, John Morton, Scott Turow, Jean-Michel Jarre and Hervé Di Rosa to Keynote at the World Creators Summit
- Initial Agenda Announced for CISAC’s World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect June 4 & 5, 2013, Washington, DC
- CISAC Announces the Fourth Biennial World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect June 4 & 5, 2013, Washington, DC
- CISAC Welcomes EU Proposal: Improving Rules Governing Authors’ Societies and Online Licensing Benefit Creators Worldwide
- CISAC Pays Tribute to Its President Robin Gibb, the Voice of a Generation and Relentless Champion for the Rights of Creators
For more information on CISAC’s 2013 World Creators Summit: Create – Connect – Respect, click here.
For select stories from CISAC’s World Copyright Summit 2011, click here.
Para leer esta página en español, haga clic aquí.
CISAC – the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers – aims to increase both the protection and the promotion of creators’ rights worldwide. As the leading worldwide network of authors’ societies, CISAC enables collective management organisations to seamlessly represent creators across the globe and ensure that royalties flow to authors for the use of their works anywhere in the world. To this end, CISAC provides the highest business, legal and IT standards to protect creators’ rights and to support the development of the international network of collective management societies.
Founded in 1926, CISAC is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation with worldwide headquarters in France and regional offices in Chile, Hungary, Singapore, and South Africa. The organisation was chaired by British singer and songwriter Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees until his untimely death in May 2012; French visual artist and painter Hervé Di Rosa, who had been serving as Vice President of CISAC since 2010, has been appointed Acting President until a successor to Gibb is announced. Olivier Hinnewinkel was appointed Director General of CISAC in 2011.