- Larry Miller Joins NYU Faculty
- Univision Selects MediaNet to Power Custom Radio Stations for Its New Uforia App
- MediaNet Celebrates Fourth Birthday of Its Internet Radio Streaming Service with Launch of DMCA-Compliant Playlist Generator and Validator Tool
- MediaNet Startup Sandbox Gives Developing Digital Music Services the Content and Tools to Grow
- MediaNet Introduces Complete Copyright Administration, Licensing and Reporting Services for Record Labels, Music Services, Brands and CE Companies
- MediaNet Reveals Top 50 Holiday Songs by Streams and Downloads
- Larry Miller Named Executive Vice President and General Manager for B2B Digital Music Service MediaNet
Latest Media Coverage
- The sound of music: iTunes store turns 10 – Larry Miller on APR’s Marketplace
- Frank Johnson, CEO at MediaNet (video interview) – Digital Music Trends
- Can APIs Solve Music’s ‘Crisis of Innovation’? – Billboard.biz
- MediaNet Expanding Services to Mechanical Rights Licensing, Administration – Billboard.biz
- Billboard.Biz Readers’ Survey Results, Part 3: The Biggest Issue Facing the Music Business Is … ? – Billboard.biz
- Billboard.Biz Readers’ Survey Results, Part 2: Mumford, PSY, Adele Among Most Important Artists of 2012 – Billboard.biz
- Billboard.Biz Readers’ Survey Results, Part 1: Most Important Event of 2012 – Billboard.biz
- Larry Miller Joins MediaNet – Billboard.biz
- Larry Miller Names Executive VP, GM of B2B Digital Music Service MediaNet – Hypebot
- Larry Miller Named EVP/GM for B2B Digital Music Service MediaNet – All Access Music Group
Launched in 2001 by the music industry as one of the first online music services, MediaNet (www.mndigital.com) maintains the largest B2B rights-managed catalog of digital music in the world, with more than 25 million tracks available to power streaming music apps, subscription services, download stores and more through its API and comprehensive set of music commerce applications. MediaNet offers customized solutions for global music services and record labels as well as turnkey solutions for small companies looking to launch their business quickly and cost effectively.
Larry Miller, Executive Vice President and General Manager at MediaNet, is a music industry veteran with nearly three decades of experience in the space. During that time, he created, built, and sold several highly successful businesses; led several other top companies to prominence; and has been recognized as an expert in music licensing, business development, mergers and acquisitions, and more. Now, Miller is bringing his expertise to MediaNet, where he is responsible for new service innovation in music and media rights management, partner acquisition, and revenue growth.
A graduate of Brandeis University and Columbia Business School, Miller got his start in the radio industry, serving as the first Production Manager for Z-100 in New York, which became one of the most successful radio startups ever when it reached #1 in the country’s most competitive markets within 72 days of signing on. He then moved up the ranks at NBC Radio Entertainment in various senior advertising sales and affiliate relations positions before moving into television at Tribune Broadcasting in 1990. There, he worked as Creative Director, creating television and outdoor advertising campaigns while establishing and building an extensive database marketing program. Miller got his first taste of consulting in 1994 when he joined A.T. Kearney/EDS Management Consulting as Engagement Manager before linking up with AT&T the following year. There, he served as Vice President of Market Development at AT&T Labs Research, was Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of a2b music, and built the media and entertainment practice of AT&T Solutions, where he was also Client Partner. In 1999, Miller spearheaded the spinout of a2b music to Reciprocal, which he then joined as President. The company was backed by heavy-hitters Microsoft, Sony, BMG, Venrock, Softbank, and more, and in 2001, Miller engineered Reciprocal’s sale to Microsoft.
Bitten by the entrepreneurial bug, Miller co-founded record label and music publisher Or Music in 2002 and led the company as its CEO. During his time there, the company signed and developed a strong slate of multi-platinum selling, Grammy Award-winning artists that included Los Lonely Boys and Matisyahu. In 2006, he sold the company to SonyBMG and became Media & Entertainment Partner at LEK Consulting, a $250 million data-driven global strategy consulting firm. There, he established the firm’s New York-based practice and provided growth strategy and M&A/transaction advice to clients in the media, entertainment, and technology industries.
Now, in addition to his position at MediaNet, Miller is also an Adjunct Professor and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the NYU-Steinhardt Department of Music and Performing Arts and previously served as a mentor in the Eugene M. Lang Center for Entrepreneurship at Columbia Business School.
A highly regarded digital entertainment industry expert, Miller has been featured on CNBC, CNN, FOX News, Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Billboard, Variety, and The Hollywood Reporter. He has spoken on and moderated a variety of industry panels, including the Billboard Music and Money Symposium and MIDEM.
Miller resides in New York City with his wife and two children.