Latest Press Releases
- Comedy Hack Day Finalists to Roast Tech Industry on NY Tech Meetup Stage on September 12
- NY Tech Meetup & New York Technology Council Merge to Form the NY Tech Alliance
Click here for past NYTM press releases.
Recent Media Coverage
- Why Tech’s Titans Are Struggling to Work Together Against Trump’s Havoc (Erik Grimmelmann quoted) – Mashable
- NY Tech Takes Next Step in Anti-Trump Campaign – Crain’s New York
- The 10 People Who Know Everybody in New York City’s Startup Scene (Jessica Lawrence Quinn and Andrew Rasiej included) – Inc.
- Houses, Hacks, and Hope at the Last New York Tech Meetup – AlleyWatch
- #52Women52Weeks: Jessica Lawrence Quinn Successfully Runs the Uncommon Merger of Two NYC Tech Non-Profits – LinkedIn
- Jessica Lawrence Quinn named TechWeek100 Ambassador for NYC – Techweek
- Court upholds net neutrality rules on equal internet access (Erik Grimmelmann quoted) – CBS News
- NY Tech Meetup Merges with NY Tech Council, Forms NY Tech Alliance – Xconomy
- Jessica Lawrence Quinn, CEO of NY Tech Alliance Profile – Crain’s NY
- Female Startups in New York City Are Increasing – Wall Street Journal (Jessica Lawrence Quinn quoted)
- Time to Bring Our Education System in Line with the 21st Century – Xconomy (written by Andrew Rasiej)
Click here for past NYTM media coverage.
About the NY Tech Alliance
The mission of the NY Tech Alliance is to represent, inspire, support, and help lead the New York technology community and ecosystem to create a better future for all. Founded in 2016 with the merger of NY Tech Meetup and the New York Technology Council, the organization has over 60,000 individual and institutional members, reflecting the full spectrum of the greater New York area tech community and making it the largest tech organization in the region. Led by CEO Jessica Lawrence Quinn and President Erik Grimmelmann, and Chaired by Andrew Rasiej, the NY Tech Alliance continues the work of its predecessor organizations, hosts a monthly Meetup at NYU’s Skirball Auditorium as well as educational and social events, and continues to focus programming and advocacy efforts on issues important to the technology sector and New York.
Click here to see photos from previous NYTM events.
NY Tech Alliance Team Photos
Photo credit: Catalina Kulczar
Jessica Lawrence is the CEO of the NY Tech Alliance. In 2013, she co-founded The Work Revolution Summit, a conference on the future of work. Prior to her work with NYTM, Jessica was the CEO of Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council in Southern California, where she supported a community of 75 staff, 5,000 volunteers, and 15,000 girls. Jessica was one of only 15 women selected to participate in Seth Godin’s Female Entrepreneur MBA (FeMBA) in 2010. She has received numerous awards including the Girl Scouts of the USA Frances Hesselbein Award for Excellence in Management in 2007, was selected as one of The Daily Muse’s 12 Women to Watch in 2012, and as one of the Crain’s New York Business People to Watch in Silicon Alley 2013. Jessica’s writing has been featured on the Harvard Business Review blog, Forbes.com, The Next Web, The Huffington Post and in a weekly column in The Press-Enterprise. She also speaks frequently on technology startups, the New York technology community, women in tech, organizational development and culture, the future of work, and non-profit management.