Recent Media Coverage
- New York’s tech scene: More melting pot, less Silicon Valley – CNET
- Quire Talks Equity Crowdfunding & Title III at New York Tech Meetup – Xconomy
- You Will Believe What Happened at the July New York Tech Meetup – AlleyWatch
- New York Tech Meetup Recap: Pager Brings Doctors to the Doorstep – Xconomy
- How I Get It Done: Jessica Lawrence – Fast Company
- Inside the First New York Tech Meetup of 2015 – AlleyWatch
- New York Business Journal’s Women of Influence Winners Announced – New York Business Journal (Jessica Lawrence selected)
- Rachel Haot Revisits NY Tech Meetup, Talks State’s Innovation Plans – Xconomy
- Bitcoin and Chief Digital Officer Take the Stage at the Last NY Tech Meetup of the Year – AlleyWatch
- Is NYC’s Tech Scene Just Hype? – Forbes
- PowerToFly at New York Tech Meetup, Helping More Women Get Hired in Tech – Xconomy
- October NY Tech Meetup: Proof That There Are Investors in the Room – AlleyWatch
- What Elements Make a Tech Community Thrive? – SciTechNow
- A Mayor Bill de Blasio Announces Chief Tech Officer for New York at NYTM – Xconomy
- Mayor de Blasio names new Chief Technology Officer – NY Daily News
- UBS executive named city’s first tech czar – Crain’s New York
- A Guide to the Perfect Tech Company Pitch – APM Marketplace
- Entrepreneurs Should Check Out This Gathering – Forbes
- New Tech City: How New York Became the Silicon Valley of the East – Slate
Click here for more media coverage.
Latest Press Releases
- NY Tech Meetup to Participate in First-Ever White House Demo Day, Hosted by President Obama
- REVISED VENUE – SXSW Gets a Taste of Big Apple Tech at NY Tech Meetup: Austin on March 8
- NY Tech Meetup Partners with The Flatiron School, Hires Two Graduates as Hackers-in-Residence
- Thomson Reuters Signs on to NYTM as Annual Sustaining Sponsor
- NY Tech Meetup, Control Group, & Girl Develop It Announce Formation of Coalition for Women in Technology
- New Sponsors, Full Schedule Announced for Made in NY: Austin Event at SXSW
- Made in NY: Austin Returns to SXSW to Celebrate NYC Tech, Culture, Food, and Art
- NY Tech Meetup Organizes Its Tech Community to Aid Victims of Hurricane Sandy
Click here for more press releases.
The 2014 New York City Tech Ecosystem Report
For more information and to read the report, visit www.nyctecheconomy.com.
- NYC’s Tech Ecosystem Generates 541,000 Jobs, $125 Billion in Annual Spending and $5.6 Billion in Tax Revenues
- Half of New York’s Tech Workers Lack College Degrees, Report Says – New York Times
- NY1 Online: Experts Discuss City’s Booming Tech Sector – NY1
- City Sees Surge in Tech Jobs: Reports – am New York
- Just How Big Has NYC’s Tech Sector Become? – Crain’s New York Business
- Makeup of NYC’s Tech Workers Might Not Be What You Think It Is – New York Business Journal
- New York City Tech Industry Strong, Growing Fast – Inc.
- How Many Tech Jobs Are There in NYC? Depends Whom You Ask? – WNYC
- Tech Workers Are Now Sizable Slice of Big Apple’s Economy – Entrepreneur (written by Jessica Lawrence)
- The Growth of Tech Businesses in the City – WCBS 880
About NY Tech Meetup
Founded in 2004 by meetup.com founder Scott Heiferman and co-founded by Dawn Barber, and now led by Executive Director Jessica Lawrence, the NY Tech Meetup is the world’s largest meetup group with over 40,000 members, and is a non-profit organization representing professionals from all parts of the New York technology community. NYTM builds programs and partnerships to support the growth and diversification of the city’s technology industry and hosts a perennially sold-out monthly event where members gather to watch emerging companies demo new ideas, hear leading-edge thinking on technology topics, and build their networks to develop their businesses. NYTM has been integral in the birth of New York’s new Silicon Alley, with nearly every notable new company, including Foursquare and Tumblr, making their debut at a NYTM demo. NYTM is a not-for-profit, community-led organization. Its Board President is Nate Westheimer and Chair of the Board is Andrew Rasiej.
Click here to see photos from previous events.
Jessica Lawrence is the Executive Director of NY Tech Meetup (NYTM), the largest Meetup in the world and a non-profit organization helping to build a sustainable and diverse technology industry in New York. In 2013, she co-founded The Work Revolution Summit, a conference on the future of work. Prior to her work with NYTM, Jessica was the CEO of Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council in Southern California, where she supported a community of 75 staff, 5,000 volunteers, and 15,000 girls. Jessica was one of only 15 women selected to participate in Seth Godin’s Female Entrepreneur MBA (FeMBA) in 2010. She has received numerous awards including the Girl Scouts of the USA Frances Hesselbein Award for Excellence in Management in 2007, was selected as one of The Daily Muse’s 12 Women to Watch in 2012, and as one of the Crain’s New York Business People to Watch in Silicon Alley 2013. Jessica’s writing has been featured on the Harvard Business Review blog, Forbes.com, The Next Web, The Huffington Post and in a weekly column in The Press-Enterprise. She also speaks frequently on technology startups, the New York technology community, women in tech, organizational development and culture, the future of work, and non-profit management.