For more information and to read the report, visit www.nyctecheconomy.com.
- NYC’s Tech Ecosystem Generates 541,000 Jobs, $125 Billion in Annual Spending and $5.6 Billion in Tax Revenues
- Half of New York’s Tech Workers Lack College Degrees, Report Says – New York Times
- NY1 Online: Experts Discuss City’s Booming Tech Sector – NY1
- City Sees Surge in Tech Jobs: Reports – am New York
- Just How Big Has NYC’s Tech Sector Become? – Crain’s New York Business
- Makeup of NYC’s Tech Workers Might Not Be What You Think It Is – New York Business Journal
- New York City Tech Industry Strong, Growing Fast – Inc.
- How Many Tech Jobs Are There in NYC? Depends Whom You Ask? – WNYC
- Tech Workers Are Now Sizable Slice of Big Apple’s Economy – Entrepreneur (written by Jessica Lawrence)
- The Growth of Tech Businesses in the City – WCBS 880
Latest Press Releases
- REVISED VENUE – SXSW Gets a Taste of Big Apple Tech at NY Tech Meetup: Austin on March 8
- NY Tech Meetup Partners with The Flatiron School, Hires Two Graduates as Hackers-in-Residence
- Thomson Reuters Signs on to NYTM as Annual Sustaining Sponsor
- NY Tech Meetup, Control Group, & Girl Develop It Announce Formation of Coalition for Women in Technology
- New Sponsors, Full Schedule Announced for Made in NY: Austin Event at SXSW
- Made in NY: Austin Returns to SXSW to Celebrate NYC Tech, Culture, Food, and Art
- NY Tech Meetup Organizes Its Tech Community to Aid Victims of Hurricane Sandy
Click here for more press releases.
Recent Media Coverage
- A Guide to the Perfect Tech Company Pitch - APM Marketplace
- Entrepreneurs Should Check Out This Gathering – Forbes
- New Tech City: How New York Became the Silicon Valley of the East – Slate
- Senator Schumer Calls for Better Internet Connectivity, WiredNYC Responds – PandoDaily
- The Campaign to Rebuild New York’s Data Infrastructure Comes to NYTM – Xconomy
- The December NYTM with a Senator in the House – AlleyWatch
- 50 People in NYC’s Tech Scene That You Need to Know – The Next Web (Jessica Lawrence featured)
- GOOD 100: Meet Nate Westheimer, Keeping Your Memories Safe and Sound – GOOD
- NY Tech Meetup Announces New Coalition to Support Women in Tech – The Next Web
- WNYC Presents: How Tech Is Changing the Way Women Work (video of Jessica Lawrence on panel) – The Greene Space
- Marketplace Tech for Friday, March 8, 2013 (interview with Jessica Lawrence) – Marketplace Tech Report
- NY Tech Meetup’s Jessica Lawrence on the Hottest Ticket in Town – Entrepreneur
- This Is New York: Dawn Barber, Co-Founder of NY Tech Meetup – The Epoch Times
- NYC’s Tech Community Lends Culture and Code to Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts – Forbes
- NYC’s Mayor Challenges Designers, Hardware Hackers, and Policy Buffs to Reinvent the Humble Payphone – TechCrunch
- Mayor Bloomberg Calls Upon Techies to Reinvent New York City’s Payphones – VentureBeat
- City to Techies: Design Payphone of the Future – Crain’s New York
- Michael Bloomberg Wants to Do Something Cool with New York’s Phone Booths – Slate
- New York City Challenges Silicon Alley to Reinvent the Payphone – WNYC
- Tech Community Helps Sandy Victims by Offering Expertise – NY1
- Hacking for a Post-Sandy New York City – Forbes
- New York Tech Meetup Rallying Tech Volunteers Post-Sandy – Business Insider
- Silicon Alley Deals with Power Loss – New York Post
- Geeks to the Rescue: NYC’s Tech Community Rallies Together for Sandy Relief – VentureBeat
- NYC Techies Volunteer to Get Businesses Back Up Post-Sandy – Xconomy
- These Are the People Making NYC Tech Rock – VentureBeat
Click here for more media coverage.
About NY Tech Meetup
Founded in 2004 by meetup.com founder Scott Heiferman and co-founded by Dawn Barber, and now led by Executive Director Jessica Lawrence, the NY Tech Meetup is the world’s largest meetup group with nearly 39,000 members, and is a non-profit organization representing professionals from all parts of the New York technology community. NYTM builds programs and partnerships to support the growth and diversification of the city’s technology industry and hosts a perennially sold-out monthly event where members gather to watch emerging companies demo new ideas, hear leading-edge thinking on technology topics, and build their networks to develop their businesses. NYTM has been integral in the birth of New York’s new Silicon Alley, with nearly every notable new company, including Foursquare and Tumblr, making their debut at a NYTM demo. NYTM is a not-for-profit, community-led organization. Its Board President is Nate Westheimer and Chair of the Board is Andrew Rasiej.
Click here to see photos from previous events.
Jessica Lawrence is the Executive Director of NY Tech Meetup (NYTM), the largest Meetup in the world and a non-profit organization helping to build a sustainable and diverse technology industry in New York. In 2013, she co-founded The Work Revolution Summit, a conference on the future of work. Prior to her work with NYTM, Jessica was the CEO of Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council in Southern California, where she supported a community of 75 staff, 5,000 volunteers, and 15,000 girls. Jessica was one of only 15 women selected to participate in Seth Godin’s Female Entrepreneur MBA (FeMBA) in 2010. She has received numerous awards including the Girl Scouts of the USA Frances Hesselbein Award for Excellence in Management in 2007, was selected as one of The Daily Muse’s 12 Women to Watch in 2012, and as one of the Crain’s New York Business People to Watch in Silicon Alley 2013. Jessica’s writing has been featured on the Harvard Business Review blog, Forbes.com, The Next Web, The Huffington Post and in a weekly column in The Press-Enterprise. She also speaks frequently on technology startups, the New York technology community, women in tech, organizational development and culture, the future of work, and non-profit management.